The greatest question of all times regarding teeth whitening tips and tricks might be “do DIY teeth whitening techniques really work?”
Well, sometimes they do. A lot of Teeth Whitening dentists in Stamford recommend different techniques in order to whiten your teeth without professional and expensive treatment.
In addition to what you might already know (brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss once a day, and, of course, see a dentist regularly), here are some things you may not know:
- Rinse your mouth after every meal or glass of wine – red or white. White wine has acids that penetrate the enamel, allowing staining and decaying food particles to penetrate more easily, says Teeth Whitening in Stamford. But everytime you eat or drink, a subtle swishing and swallowing of water right away helps minimize residue, staining, and tooth decay.
- Chew sugarless gum, avoid sugar. As you grow older, your salivary glands starts to shrink and produce less saliva, which is a natural antimicrobial that helps prevent decay, but chewing hum re-stimulates the flow.
- Brush your tongue – brushing your tongue is not only about keeping your breath fresh, but it can also prevent staining.
- Swap out your toothbrush – you should replace your toothbrush every three months, because after the bristles are worn down, your toothbrush isn’t cleaning your teeth properly.
- Avoid eating dark foods – foods with very dark pigmentation can cause staining.