Who would not love a set of pearly whites to flaunt? But despite the many things you do each day to keep your teeth bright, your smile still feels like it lacks some sparkle or its color has just really changed over time. Thanks to teeth whitening treatments, you can actually regain your smile’s brilliance and beauty.
Here at Stamford Dental Spa, we offer the most effective professional teeth whitening treatment for you to get your teeth’s natural white shade back. With all the factors, including the food you eat each day that contribute to your teeth’s discoloration, keeping your teeth whiter is harder than it sounds. But because we value the health and appearance of our patients’ smiles, we always strive to give you the smile you have always wanted.
Teeth whitening is the process of lightening the teeth to help remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look.
Below are the common procedures for teeth whitening:
- In Office Teeth Whitening
The In office teeth whitening is also referred to as professional teeth whitening which is done inside a dental office. This is the most preferred whitening method. Stronger agents are applied in this type of procedure but the teeth and gums are protected from these materials. In office teeth whitening can make your teeth 10 times whiter in just an hour.
In-office whitening affects only the front eight teeth and is a great start for take-home whitening, which is always part of an effective whitening program.
There are rare case of tooth sensitivity that arise from teeth whitening but your dentists knows how to handle these issues best. Depending on how to take care of your teeth, the effect of this procedure can last longer.
Over the counter or Home tooth Whitening systems
Commercially available tooth whitening systems are becoming popular because they are convenient and easy to use and are relatively inexpensive.
There are a few over-the-counter tooth whitening methods that can be purchased without your dentist’s supervision. They include whitening strips, paint-on tooth gel, mouth trays with gel, whitening toothpaste, and even whitening gum. These are generally safe to use but if unsure, it is always best to consult your dentist.
At present, even patients with sensitive teeth can undergo teeth whitening treatment.
Teeth whitening may be beneficial to people who want to brighten their stained teeth, but there are also some things you have to consider before deciding to take this option. The following are the circumstances when whitening is not recommended and encouraged:
- Age and pregnancy issues – whitening or bleaching is not recommended for children under 16 because the nerve of the tooth is not enlarged until this age. Whitening is also not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
- Sensitive teeth and allergies – Individuals with sensitive teeth and gums should get a dentist’s advice first prior to having teeth whitening. Also people with allergic reactions to peroxide are not advised to have teeth whitening.
- Gum diseases – Individuals with gum disease or worn out tooth enamel are discouraged from having teeth whitening.
- Fillings, crowns, and other restorations – It is not advised to use teeth whitening on dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, bondings, and bridges because they will only result to uneven whitening
- Darkly stained teeth –Only yellowish teeth respond best to bleaching or whitening, but brownish colored teeth respond less well and grayish or purple stained teeth may not respond to whitening at all.
After the whitening procedure with your dentist, the following are the must dos for an aftercare to ensure long lasting effect of the procedure:
- Brush and floss regularly. Maintaining your standard dental routines will help you
- Keep your teeth looking shiny and clean for weeks after the treatment. Be patient as teeth whitening procedures continue to work even after you have leftthe surgery.
- Drink beverages using s straw. This reduces the amount of fluid that has contact with the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Use the provided at home whitening kit for maintenance. This is a convenient andeasy way to maintain your bright smile.
- Use the Tooth Mousse provided if you experience sensitivity.
- Rinse after each meal. This helps to remove food particles from the mouth and givesyou fresher breath. If you choose to use a mouth rinse, look for one with teethwhitening properties.
Contact Stamford Dental Spa for best teeth whitening service in stamford . Located in a convenient location, near Macys on Broad Street,124 Broad Street Stamford, 06901